- Only the authorised varieties can be used: picual and nevadillo negro as the main varieties and lechín de Sevilla, carrasqueño de la sierra and picudo as the secondary varieties.
- Early harvesting to avoid fruit drop
- Separating the olives from the tree and those from the ground, to avoid poor quality olives.
- Transportation in bulk or in rigid containers to avoid spillage of the olives.
- Acidity = 0.5%
- Peroxides = 20 mEqO2/kg
- K270 = 0.18
- Median of defects = 0
- Median of fruitiness > 4
- Olives from registered olive groves in the municipalities covered.
- Full, healthy and undamaged fruit.
- Daily milling of the olives.
- Temperature for beating the olive paste lower than 32ºC
- Decanting cellar between 20 and 26ºC
- Conservation in stainless steel tanks
- Traceability of the product.
Packaging and labelling
- Packaged in glass containers, tins or ceramic containers for food use
- Labels with the logo of DO Montoro-Adamuz
- Numbered back labels